Manage Your Mind and Excel
The perception that what you are thinking is true, is one of the biggest deceptions there is. That’s why recreating a new mindset — which often involves changing your habits, standards or expectations — can be the most helpful in dealing with negative thinking.
1. Reassess your values. Do you need to vacuum and dust twice a week? Could a grilled cheese sandwich replace homemade lasagna once in a while? Redefine cleanliness, success and fulfillment, and you may operate with a little less guilt and frustration. Have to, should, can’t, must, always, never, are destroyers of joy. They can set unreasonable demands on yourself — or others. LET GO! Be flexible.
2. Practice negative thought-stopping. Stop negative thoughts from infiltrating your beliefs immediately. Refuse to replay negative situations or self criticizing thoughts in your mind. If you starve a thought by not feeding it, or giving it any of your attention, it will cease to rule your perceptions. Sometimes it is necessary to get support to recognize the deeply embedded limiting beliefs and toxic thoughts you possess that steal your success and joy. Coaching is often essential to shifting out all the contaminating thoughts in your subconscious mind and help you focus on what you really want.
3. Practice positive self-talk. Be kind and encouraging to yourself. Pessimism can be a self-fulfilling prophecy. That is, if you think your presentation isn’t going to go well, you may indeed stumble through it. One negative thought can lead to another, and soon you’ve created a mental avalanche. Try telling yourself things such as, “Even though it’s tough, I can handle this situation.” Be positive. Always expect the best.
4. Open your mind. Try looking at your situation from a new reference point. Instead of feeling frustrated that you are home with a sick child, look at it as an opportunity to bond, relax and finish a load of laundry. “I can make good out of any situation. I focus on solutions, not problems”.
5. Forgive yourself. Everyone makes mistakes. Mistakes aren’t permanent reflections on you as a person. They are isolated moments in time. Tell yourself, “I made a mistake but that doesn’t make me a bad person.”
6. Create an assets column. Imagine all of the things that bring you joy in life — vacation, children, pets. Think about…
To read entire article sign up for our FREE Membership. Read Premium Content.
This article was brought to you by Lori Bestler-America’s Positive Thinking Expert and Change Agent, Motivational Speaker and Hypnosis Coach from mindscapesunlimited.com.
“Reprinted with permission from Lori Bestler-America’s Positive Thinking Expert and Change Agent, with MindScapes Unlimited. For your own personal, free subscription to the ‘Monthly MindScapes Unlimited Newsletter’ … along with a FREE “Energizing Audio” and several other special Life-Changing, Self Empowering events and opportunities, go to mindscapesunlimited.com.
Lori Bestler is a Motivational Speaker and Hypnosis Coach with MindScapes Unlimited. She specializes in working with Entrepreneurs and Ambitious Professionals with busy minds. She helps clients in the areas of ADHD, Goal Achievement and Focus, Weight Loss, Smoking Cessation and Stress Management. Lori also teaches group Self-Hypnosis and Stress Management Workshops privately and onsite for corporations that want to help employees improve wellness and peak perform. Ms. Bestler runs the MindScapes Unlimited Hypnosis Coaching Center in Stillwater MN. Lori has spoken to over 17,000 men and women in various venues helping them successfully make positive life changes to unleash their full potential and be their best self daily.
Sign up for Lori’s monthly newsletter and receive free “Be Energized” Audio Download, Value $19.95. Join NOW!
For more information about Motivational Speaking or Hypnosis Coaching, or Brain Entrainment call Lori at 651-464-9034. Free ½ hour consultation available too. CONTACT LORI NOW.
Lori Bestler is a nationally recognized Mind Empowerment Coach, Award Winning Motivational Speaker, Corporate Trainer, and Self Help Recording Artist with Mindscapes Unlimited.
Lori has helped to transform thousands of men and women’s lives through her Strategic Mind System of Success, Rapid Results Coaching Program and Audios, Retreats, Seminars and Speaking engagements. She specializes in working with high level entrepreneurs and independent business professionals with busy minds as well as empathic and high sensory individuals. Lori helps clients overcome barriers in thought patterns, limiting beliefs and behavior which can lead to issues such as stress, anxiety, negative thinking, and weight problems, lack of focus and follow-through, and procrastination. Clients experience results in areas such as financial success, improved relationships, confidence, high self-esteem, stress reduction, behavior change, better health, and greater fulfillment in life. Ms. Bestler runs a private coaching and hypnotherapy practice in Anoka, MN, assisting clients in the Minneapolis, St. Paul and surrounding Twin Cities Metropolitan Areas, as well as all over the U.S.
For more information contact us on the tab at the top of the website. Ask for a complimentary Rapid Results 60 Minute Phone Coaching Consultation.
© Mindscapes Unlimited Mind Coaching Center