Top 10 Tips for Recreating a Positive Mindset by Lori Bestler
The perception that what you are thinking is positively true is one of the biggest deceptions there is. That’s why recreating a new mindset — which often involves changing your habits, standards or expectations — can be most helpful when dealing with negative thinking.
1. Reassess your values. Do you really need to vacuum and dust twice a week? Could a grilled cheese sandwich replace homemade lasagna once in a while? Redefine cleanliness, success and fulfillment, and you may operate with a little less guilt and frustration. Have to, should, can’t, must, always, never, are destroyers of joy. They can set unreasonable demands on yourself — or others. LET GO! Be flexible.
2. Practice negative thought-stopping. Stop negative thoughts from infiltrating your beliefs immediately. Refuse to replay negative situations or self criticizing thoughts in your mind. If you starve a thought by not feeding it, or giving it any of your attention, it will cease to rule your perceptions.
3. Practice positive self-talk. Be kind and encouraging to yourself. Pessimism can be a self-fulfilling prophecy. That is, if you think your presentation isn’t going to go well, you may indeed stumble through it. One negative thought can lead to another, and soon you’ve created a mental avalanche. Try telling yourself things such as, “I am in control, I can handle this situation.” Be positive. Always expect the best.
4. Open your mind. Try looking at your situation from a new reference point. Instead of feeling frustrated that you are home with a sick child, look at it as an opportunity to bond, relax and finish a load of laundry. “I can make good out of any situation. I focus on solutions, not problems”.
5. Forgive yourself. Everyone makes mistakes. Mistakes aren’t permanent reflections on you as a person. They are isolated moments in time. Tell yourself, “I made a mistake but that doesn’t make me a bad person.”
6. Create an assets column. Imagine all of the things that bring you joy in life — vacation, children, pets. Think about the good parts of your life. Ask yourself, “What things have gone well recently?” “What personal goals have I achieved in the past that were big accomplishments?” Call on this list when you are full of “stinkin thinkin”. It will put things into perspective and serve as a reminder of life’s successes and joys.
I enjoy… I can achieve… I am capable of… I dream of one day… It makes me feel so good when…
7. Laugh. Create a world that welcomes laughter. Make a conscious effort to take time for laughter. While you’re laughing you cannot think of anything else, which makes it physically very relaxing. Studies reveal that laughing opens up your arteries, allowing blood to flow more freely. A few hearty laughs are as good for you as jogging up to half an hour.
8. Nurture your imagination and creativity. Take time to be creative without an expectation of evaluation. Free creativity that allows the mind to just flow, be, and express, is a way to empty the mind of its overwhelming collection of thoughts.
9. Look at the big picture. Ask yourself, “Will this matter in a year? In five years?” The answer is usually no. Realizing this makes a stressful situation seem less overwhelming.
10. Get a positive encouraging support system. Spend time with growing, encouraging, uplifting people and soon their energy, positive habits, and levels of success will overflow to yourself.
Follow these 10 suggestions and watch your PMA; Positive Mental Attitude grow!
This article was brought to you by Lori Bestler-Mind Mastery Expert, Motivational Speaker, and Strategic Mind Coach with Mindscapes Unlimited Mind Coaching Center. mindscapesunlimited.com.
If you’re stuck in negative thinking rut either Contact Lori to set up a NO COST “Rapid Change” Coaching Consultation or check out our Breaking Free from Negative Thinking and Stress Workshop.
Got this email recently from a coaching client and it made me feel so GOOD!!!…Hi Lori, Just had to send you a quick happy note. The weather is rather yucky, I have some type of upper respiratory bug … AND I have joy in my heart and peace in my soul!! Wow … what a turnaround for me. You my friend have really developed something truly remarkable with your Strategic Mind Coaching Program. :) Kathy
Reprinted with permission; This article was written by Lori Bestler-Mind Mastery Expert, Motivational Speaker, and Strategic Mind Coach with Mindscapes Unlimited Mind Coaching Center. mindscapesunlimited.com.
Lori Bestler, know as America’s Positive Thinking and Mind Mastery Expert specializes in working with high level entrepreneurs and business professionals with busy minds who are struggling to take more control of their life, very possibly feeling overwhelmed, unfocused and stressed out. She teaches people the mechanics of the mindset that enables them to overcome barriers in beliefs and behavior to improve health, wealth and well-being. Through her Strategic Mind Coaching program and speaking engagements, Lori has helped thousands of individuals live the life they desire most. Ms. Bestler runs a private practice in Lino Lakes assisting clients in Minneapolis, St. Paul and surrounding Twin Cities Metropolitan Areas.
To receive Lori’s FREE “Be Revived and Energized” 10 minute MP3 and monthly newsletter, or to set up a NO COST “Rapid Change” Coaching Consultation contact Lori at www.mindscapesunlimited.com.
Lori Bestler is a nationally recognized Mind Empowerment Coach, Award Winning Motivational Speaker, Corporate Trainer, and Self Help Recording Artist with Mindscapes Unlimited.
Lori has helped to transform thousands of men and women’s lives through her Strategic Mind System of Success, Rapid Results Coaching Program and Audios, Retreats, Seminars and Speaking engagements. She specializes in working with high level entrepreneurs and independent business professionals with busy minds as well as empathic and high sensory individuals. Lori helps clients overcome barriers in thought patterns, limiting beliefs and behavior which can lead to issues such as stress, anxiety, negative thinking, and weight problems, lack of focus and follow-through, and procrastination. Clients experience results in areas such as financial success, improved relationships, confidence, high self-esteem, stress reduction, behavior change, better health, and greater fulfillment in life. Ms. Bestler runs a private coaching and hypnotherapy practice in Anoka, MN, assisting clients in the Minneapolis, St. Paul and surrounding Twin Cities Metropolitan Areas, as well as all over the U.S.
For more information contact us on the tab at the top of the website. Ask for a complimentary Rapid Results 60 Minute Phone Coaching Consultation.
© Mindscapes Unlimited Mind Coaching Center